Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LATEST TECHNOLOGY: ROBOTS V (LITTLE JOHNNY)

Little Johnny was inspired by the movie Short Circuit, I built him as a robot that could go with me to schools and demo's to get the attention of those I speak to. Johnny is capable of speech, body heat sensory, compass guided navigation, three degree's of freedom in each arm, bending his body and tilting his head.



Target Environment
Indoors
Locomotion Method
Treads
Sensors / Input Devices
3 Sharp GP2D12 IR sensors1 Polaroid ultrasonic sensor2 bump switchesHamamatsu pyroelectric sensor
Actuators / Output Devices
Hobby servos
Control Method
Autonomous
Power Source
Battery
CPU Type
MIT Handyboard
Operating System
None
Programming Lanuage
C
Weight
N/A
Time to build
hundreds of hours
Cost to build
~$900

1 comments:

Nelly said...

Oh boy!!! Love seeing that robot at the dishwasher. That's just my dream!!! Where can I get one, wait, can I afford one? LOL
Nelly